I’m glad you clicked through as the post title today could be seen as a little negative! Never fear! Read on…
I’m giving up:
- being sorry or disgusted that my body isn’t like the ones in the photoshopped photos in magazines. It is real and I live in it and it works. Lucky lucky me. Thanks Universe :) In fact I think I’ll stop buying those magazines altogether.
- living by what other people (might) think. I don’t even know what other people think. It’s an exercise of the imagination. I love to hear what people really think, but I’m not going to second-guess any more and imagine they’re being judgmental. They’re probably just lost in their own thoughts, like I am.
- wanting to do things how ‘most’ people do things. I’m really not a standard 9 – 5, Monday to Friday person. Maybe you’re not either. I like my part time job (I’m pretty sure I have the best boss in the world). I also like not needing to wear a suit or some kind of uniform to work, or anywhere. And I like making art for you on the other days. Barbara Sher opened my eyes up to the potential for that kind of lovely mixing and matching :)
- not telling people when I admire them. I’m done holding back cos I think it wont have an impact or will be clumsily expressed. A simple comment makes a difference to my day and I’ll bet it does for others, too.
- thinking other people have already done this, so I should wait till I think of something Completely Original before I even try. If I was sticking with that theory this post would not have been published. Our activities are often similar. I guess what makes ours unique is doing them in our own way from our own perspective.
I intend on continuing to:
- care about and enjoy people. I am absolutely fascinated by everyone’s different passions, abilities, ways of learning, stories and so much more. Hooray for the discovery that I am an introvert and not a misanthropist!
- fight for the environment. This is our ship. Why do we keep thinking we can get away with lifting up the deck and hiding our rubbish under there?
- learn about and work on my health and fitness. This actually keeps me happy too. This miraculous body I inhabit functions better chemically when I do regular exercise (although it sounds yawny it’s really not) and eat right for me.
- adore and delight in colour. Need I say more, bold souls?
- appreciate life. Lucky lucky lucky.
- believe we really can build external peace if we are true to our nature internally. I am pretty sure we all can get along if we choose to.
- be inspired by you :) Thanks for being here. I love your energy.
- appreciate wonderfulness. So much to do and see and make. Let’s enjoy this ride!
Let me know in the comments section below, or on my Facebook page: What have you given up, or decided to continue to do? Be bold :)
Please can you click the ‘recommend’ button if you liked this, and share if you thought it was worthwhile. Thanks :)
Oh yes, nearly forgot… Are you liking the new wallpaper around here? And the new banner/header thingy?
Meg x o